The primary goal of the Isle of Wight Safeguarding Children Board is to ensure that the work to protect children across the Island is properly coordinated and effective.
IOWSCB’s Independent Chair is Derek Benson.
The Board consists of senior representatives from a number of statutory and voluntary sector organisations who provide services to children on the Island. Our membership is drawn from:
The full Board Membership can be found in the Key Documents section on the right hand side of this page.
- Isle of Wight Council - services for education, children’s social care, adult services and regulatory services
- Hampshire Constabulary
- Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner
- National Probation Trust
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Rehabiliation Company
- Isle of Wight Clinical Commissioning Group
- Isle of Wight NHS Trust
- CAFCASS (Children and Families Court Advisory and Support Service)
- Voluntary Sector
- Lay Members