Who can I talk to?

Do you think you're being abused, or in danger of abuse?

If you need help for yourself, another family member or for a friend because of abuse and neglect, you should speak to an adult or someone that you feel comfortable with and can trust.

Talking about it for the first time can be hard, but you have the right to proper care and should not be abused by anyone. If someone hurts you or touches you in ways you don't like, then there are people who care and can help you.
Talking to a parent/carer, other family members such as grandparents - even friends or a friend's parents can help. Teachers, doctors, nurses, social workers and other adults who work with children are also responsible for helping to stop abuse. They will listen to what you have to say and will work with other professionals to protect you from abuse and neglect.

Don't be afraid to talk to these people if you are worried. They are there to help you.

If you are worried about what might happen if you tell somebody, then the following organisations can give you free and confidential advice:
Telephone: 0800 1111
Talk to counsellors online or visit and post on their message boards.

Telephone: 0808 800 5000
Email: help@nspcc.org.uk
SMS: 88858
Telephone: 08457 90 90 90 (UK) (call charges apply)
Email: jo@samaritans.org
Write: Freepost RSRB-KKBY-CYJK, Chris, PO Box 90 90, Stirling, FK8 2SA
The Isle of Wight Safeguarding Children Board takes no responsibility for the contents of linked websites and links should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. The Isle of Wight Safeguarding Children Board has no control over the availability of the linked pages.
© Copyright 2019 Isle of Wight Safeguarding Children PartnershipWeb Design By Toolkit Websites